Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Trip Around the Block

It feels good to finally takes some time to upload photos of some of my latest projects! I have been sewing...just not posting. So....I will try to get better at making posting a priority. This baby quilt is made in the Trip Around the World pattern. Actually, all the patches are scraps leftover from other projects. I love the old fashioned look of the fabrics:)



This is a closeup of the quilting. Basically, I just sew across each edge of the quilt to form an "x" in each square. In the past, I have tried marking the fabric with chalk, and using a foot guage on my walking foot. With this quilt I used painters tape from the local hardware store, and just pressed it in a line across the blocks. It was quick and easy to follow. I'll try to take photos the next time I attemp to quilt this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! I appreciate hearing from you!