Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Make Lunch Soup-er Simple!


If you are a packer, you have most likely experienced the last minute panic of figuring out what to pack for lunch before you head out the door. If you are looking for a quick and simple lunch idea this post is for you.
  

We love soup at our house. Generally when I make soup, I try to make a double batch so there will be soup left over. I also love my crockpots, so when I make soup I usually have two crockpots running.


 One of my personal favorites is a chili.  


 Five hours on the high setting, or about eight to ten hours on low makes wonderful soup! Yum!
   

Several years ago I ran across this 22 oz. stoneware mug at our local wal-mart for less than ten dollars.  
It is made by CorningWare and is microwave, oven, freezer,  and dishwasher safe.
 (If you are an online shopper, this product is also available at Amazon.com)


Our local Gordons Food Service carries disposable take-out containers made by the
 Dart Container Corporation. An added bonus is that the containers are recycleable.


The containers come in both 16 oz. (Product code 16MJ20) and 12 oz. (Product code 12SJ20) sizes.



This lid is vented and fit both sizes.

(Case of 500 lids at Amazon.com)



Best of all, both sizes fit inside the CorningWare mug!


Once the soup has cooled, fill containers leaving room to breathe at the top.


Simply identify the type of soup on the lid, add the date to keep your stock current,


...and store in your freezer until needed!


When ready to be used, the soup will stay frozen for hours if left in the foam container.
I often cut the container, place the frozen soup into the mug, and snap on the reuseable Corningware lid when I leave home.
This will allow the soup to partially thaw before being reheated.


Just add a few additional items and you will have a souper simple lunch!
If you try this idea, I'd love to hear from you!

I'm linking up with...

Photobucket




Photobucket
</






</




May you always Sew in Peace!
Sandra


7 comments:

  1. What a great idea for freezing soups and chili... you may be sure that I will be copying this idea for lunches. Much better than freezing in ziploc bags! Already have that white Corning soup mug...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever...and we are soup lovers too. I need to give this a try!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I have to say that this is an awesome idea!! I love it as a dieting idea too... soup is low calorie and so healthy, and using this method you would always have pre-controlled portions of healthy yummy soup! You should link this up to my Weekend Review Link Party... I know everyone else would love it too! Have a great day. :)
    http://humblehomemaking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! I LOVE soup and it's great for lunch. I'm going to have to try this.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I featured this on Yummy Thursday today at Humble Homemaking! It looked so delicious. :) Head on over to the link below to collect your featured button and check it out. Thanks so much for the inspiration!
    Humble Homemaking Yummy Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Humble Homemaker! You made my day:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! I appreciate hearing from you!