Monday, January 2, 2012

Ringing in the New Year


Every year it seams I face the Christmas season unprepared.
My intentions are good, but there never seems to be enough hours in the day to get it all done.
Can you relate?


To help make Christmas 2012 a stress-free season of joy,
Darlene at Quilting Daze is hosting
The goal is to make or purchase at least one Christmas gift each month
and thus face December with a good portion of your gifts on hand.



So...in the spirit of preparation 
 I was able to pick up a stack of gift bags on clearance at Menard's.
The snowman is my favorite.


I'm planning to use these red bags for Valentine's Day...
because that day usually sneaks up on me as well.


My favorite find of the day is this 2ft. tall Santa gnome.
Isn't he adorable! 
He was on clearance for $12.50 at Menard's and is very well made.
My intentions were to use this for the white elephant Christmas exchange 
my husband's family holds each year...but I'm beginning to reconsider.
He may end up being useful.


Santa gnome may need to stay at my house to provide inspiration for
my "Christmas Through the Year" journey.


Perhaps Santa gnome should sit on my cutting table to cheer me on 
and oversee all my sewing projects.


Or perhaps Santa gnome should sit beside me while I surf the net 
to help make sure my Christmas goals stay on target.



I always thought people who had gnomes were a little weird, 
but that was before I began ringing in the New Year with a plan.



May you always Sew in Peace!

4 comments:

  1. The gnome is so cute. I might have to go to Menard's to see if I can find one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Santa gnome is darling. I would reconsider that decision too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to join Christmas through the year because I feel exactly like you! Best wishes in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi--what a cute post :) I think Santa gnome is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! I appreciate hearing from you!