Sunday, May 9, 2010

Pick Me!


Postage Stamp Quilts are made of tiny squares of
fabric. This little doll quilt is made of 2 1/2" blocks
of various fabrics to match my sewing room. The top was
 made about a year ago and has hung on my design wall
waiting patiently to be completed.


Several weeks ago I purchased a Singer 201 and was
looking for the perfect project to test out it out. I glanced
around my sewing room and the little quilt top seemed to
scream "Pick me!" So using painters tape, I marked off
the rows and began quilting.


It didn't take long to finish the quilting and attach the binding.




Not sure why some projects go so quickly and others
you have to be in the mood to finish. If you are looking
for a little push to get you going, plan to join us
 May 21st for the Friday Night Sew-In.


Take a minute and listen to what is
screaming "Pick me!" at your house.

May you always Sew in Peace!
Sandra

3 comments:

  1. Oh, it's fabulous. Your 'new' machine hummed right along.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little quilt and what a great machine to quilt with:) I want you to know I appreciate you giving Kay the Singer...it is going to a very special young lady from the Otsego FFA Chapter. I met her in a fiber art class on postcards I was teaching. She absolutely loved sewing and now she will be able to explore her sewing abilities because of your kindness...thank you so much! She will be getting her machine next week. Best to you! Kay's little sis...Jenny I also posted some of Kay's lovely work, stop over and see:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt and the post. There are so many at my house yelling "pick me" that I cannot figure out which one I should pick. However, you post has convinced me to pick one of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! I appreciate hearing from you!