Friday, April 1, 2011

I Spy Quilt Ideas

My latest I Spy finish!


Close up of a few blocks.



The quilt back...



Finished with flannel and a few additional I Spy blocks.


The inspiration for my quilt was based on Quiltville's square in a square tutorial.
For this quilt I used 5 inch I Spy blocks.



---------- For more I Spy inspiration, be sure to check out the following links----------

Mary at Mary Quilts - free PDF patterns on the left side of her blog that you can download.
Quilting Library has a page of links to patterns that work well with I Spy fabrics.
Bonnie at Quiltville has a free four-patch pattern.
Better Homes and Gardens has a cute magnifying glass pattern.
Melissa at Happy Quilting has an easy to follow tutorial posted on her blog.
Kathy at Craft Hope  has a tutorial posted for a quilt that uses rectangular blocks.
Cluck Cluck and Sew has a pattern available in her etsy shop for a modern I Spy.
Amy has a pattern at  Moda Bake Shop that would work well for an I Spy quilt.
Jacqui at Treadle Quilts has made alot of wonderful I Spy quilts!
Google Images is another great source for ideas.

Hope this inspires you to make your own I Spy quilt:)



May you always Sew in Peace!
Sandra


4 comments:

  1. This is very cute. I saw you at Sew Darn Crafty by Sew Many Ways.

    Today is my blog's first linky party. I would love for you to add this: http://koolbeenz-blog.blogspot.com/search/label/Funky%20Fresh%20Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stippling!! Do you have a regular machine or long arm? I so cannot do that at the moment but will be practicing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is awesome. A really great idea. I want to try it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the links for inspiration! Have a great week--looks like it's going to be rainy and cloudy all week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! I appreciate hearing from you!