Wednesday, May 11, 2011

One Flower Wednesday


For this week's One Flower Wednesday
I was able to finish three flowers for my
Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.

Finally, I'm getting back in the groove of making these flowers
and here's the biggy...
I'm enjoying it!


I was also able to finish several blocks for the Quilting Bee at Margaret's Hope Chest.

A quilt will be made for Jordon with these blocks combining animal or car fabric
and yellow, red, orange, or blue solids.
These blocks were made with the Cluck Cluck Sew's Stack and Wack Block Tutorial.
If you decide to make this block, be warned that the instructions are somewhat off.
After several attempts, I believe the center block needs to be larger in order
to make the 7 1/2" block turn out correctly.


A quilt will be made for N'Tari with these blocks
using basketball or football fabric and white, black, or blue for the cross fabric.
These blocks were made with the That Girl That Quilts Cross Block Tutorial.
I really liked making this block, perhaps because the directions were easy to follow.

 May you always Sew in Peace:)
Sandra

15 comments:

  1. Deine Blumen haben herrliche Farben! Wunderschön!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colors. How big are your hexies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hexie flowers are beautiful!!! Love the blocks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your work is lovely and I particularly love your hexie flowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice looking hexies, how many did you make already?

    Gr Annemieke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers really are beautiful Sandra. Just love the fabrics you are using. Your other blocks are fun too and will make stunning quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great new flowers: three is a lot in just a short time! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty flowers!!
    I also like your colors choices :)
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can picture all your flowers together and it is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers look great! Hope you're having a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very lovely fabrics you have chosen for flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice, I like the double flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hexie flowers are just lovely...it is going to be a beautiful garden xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your flowers are elegant. I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful hexies! I love the contrasting way you are framing them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! I appreciate hearing from you!