Monday, January 30, 2012

January UFO Finish


I started this I Spy quilt for my grandson several months ago and was finally 
able to finish up the machine quilting. 
The center is pieced with 77 - 5" I Spy blocks.
The outer border is made by joining 2 1/2" x 5" rectangles.
The outer border also has a 5" block to anchor each corner.
Finished size is approximately 44" x 62".
Here are a few of my favorite blocks.




The back was pieced with 
"Wheels by My Mind's Eye" by Riley Blake Designs 
and features different modes of transportation.
The flannel is ultra soft and snuggly.


Although the quilt does not appear to be square in this photo...it is!
Apparently the photographer will need to  pay closer attention in the future:)



Now that my design wall is empty, 
 it's time to get busy on the next project.


Linking up with:



May you always Sew in Peace!

9 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I need to use up some blocks I have like this. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really turned out cute. Glad you can move onto another project :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with your ufo finish. Love the pieced back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All finished UFO's are GOOD UFO's. The around-the-world effect in the center is really nice. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great! I just finished and i spy for my girls for christmas, and our local quilt shop is doing another excange at the end of feb. can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see hours of fun ahead for you and your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This all fabrics look so colorful and wonderful.I like this all fabrics designs.

      a boards uk

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! I appreciate hearing from you!