For this week's One Flower Wednesday, I thought you
might enjoy seeing how I use time management to produce
my flowers. Years ago I discovered the power of using a timer.
Here is how it works.
1. Set the timer for 15 minutes and work on something you really enjoy
until the timer rings. Once the timer rings, reset the timer for 15 minutes.
2. This time work on something you do not enjoy...laundry, sweeping,
cleaning...etc. When the timer rings, reset for 15 minutes.
3. Begin a another task that needs to be done....dishes, yardwork, etc.
When the timer rings, reset for 15 minutes.
4. Find another task around the house that needs to be done...
meal preparation, empty dishwasher, etc. When the timer rings,
reset for 15 minutes.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 until you finish the tasks that need
to be completed.
By using this system, you spend 15 minutes of every hour working on something you really enjoy. It makes the time spent doing the less favorable tasks more tolerable because you know there is a break coming soon. In my opinion, we often dred tasks that can be finished in a few minutes. Would you believe it only takes 4 minutes to empty the dishwasher! Seriously!
Let's take a look at how flowers progress using the timer system.
First - 15 minute session.
That being said, here are my additional flowers for this week.