Saturday, October 1, 2011

I Spy Swap Sign-up!



This past Spring I hosted an I Spy Swap and in the process made 
some new friends and received some awesome fabric.
Christmas is just around the corner
and although I have several I Spy quilts made,
I'm still hoping to gather more fabric to complete the remaining quilts on my list.

You can see the quilts I made from the last swap here, here, and here.
In fact...here is my latest quilt in progress
and it used up ALOT of squares!



So being the resourceful Nana that I am...
I've "mustered up the gumption" to host another I Spy Swap.


As an added incentive...
every participant who mails their fabrics to me
with a post mark of October 15 (or earlier)
will automatically be entered in a drawing (the kitty)
to receive an additional 
40 Squares of  I Spy fabric!

That's like a 
free charm pack!







If you would like to join the 5" I Spy Swap here are the details.

*  Purchase 1 yard of 3 different fabrics OR pull a mixture of I Spy fabrics from your stash. 
   Be sure the fabrics are 100% cotton, "quilt shop quality" novelty prints. No thin fabric  
   please or it will be returned un-swappedNo license prints, team prints or flowers. 
   Choose interesting items that children can easily recognize and only submit fabrics 
   you would want to receive.

*  Pre-wash fabrics. Cut 120 - 5"x 5" squares being careful to maximize the design 

    in each square. Read this post for details on cutting your fabric.

*  Mail 120 - 5 " squares (with return postage) no later than October 15th 

    to be entered in a drawing for the "kitty"

*  Swap is limited to 40 spaces. To participate more than once, be sure to sign up twice. 


*  Receive 120 different 5 inch novelty squares the week of October 25th. 

*  Participants  will receive an e-mail confirmation which includes a mailing address, 
    and can post their fabrics and projects at the Sew in Peace flickr group 


If you have a blog
please grab the I Spy button on my sidebar 
to invite your followers to join us!


In order to have a successful swap, mathematically we either need 20 or 40 participants.
I'm hopeful we can reach a total of 40 participants in the next few days.
If we do not reach a total of 40 before Oct. 15th
the swap will be limited to the first 20 who sign up.

Since I already have 7 spaces filled the first 33 to sign up are in.



If you would like to join the swap please leave a comment below that

 includes your e-mail or URL address

or

sign you name
and e-mail me privately at 
sandra.sewinpeace@gmail.com

Who's ready to swap?

Sign up for this swap is now closed.
Watch the next swap in the Spring of 2012.





45 comments:

  1. I want to join your I Spy Swap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the contact, I would love to do this too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in Sandi! I'm getting quite a collection of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to participate in the swap.
    ligivir47 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie N. has signed up for two spaces. She was unable to post a comment. Please send me an e-mail at sandra.sewinpeace@gmail.com let me know if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I wanted to ask...is there anything that we are doing to make sure that there isn't two of the same fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would also like to join...I will send and email.
    Thanks,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im excited, this is my first swap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SewinNC please contact me at sandra.sewinpeace@gmail.com with your e-mail address. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda S. has joined the swap. Thank you Linda. We are delighted to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to join in! Looking forward to a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to sing up too !!
    email
    antoinemarta@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Sandra, cont me in! I must be crazy, but oh well! It will liven things up! :D

    Thanks for hosting!! I know how hard it is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I spy quilts are so much fun! If you have space still open I would be happy to join in.

    justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Patty W. has also joined the swap:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like to join in but i stumbled here a little late and know it would be hard for me to do this with everything else by Oct. 15. I would love to hear when you have another one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would like to join! Can I still get in?
    emilylovesbaskets@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Terrific Emily! We'd love to have you join us. There are still 15 spaces available if anyone else is interested:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope I'm not too late this time. I've been out of town. I DO WANT TO JOIN the swap.

    Susan Cleveland
    suscleve@aol.com
    http://blackberrycreek.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Carin from Margaret's Hope Chest has joined the swap:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd love to join!!
    Suzanne
    smelkoski@yahoo.com

    Thank you for hosting! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm getting excited! Only 11 spaces yet to be filled!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Crystal Z. has joined the swap:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Marta has signed up for an additional space! Thanks Marta!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm in - thanks for the invite!!

    Rose (rsaxe @ earthlink dot net)

    ReplyDelete
  26. If you still have room I'd love to join.

    reklimes (at) usfamily (dot) net

    ReplyDelete
  27. There are 7 spaces still available if anyone would like to join us:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Renae has signed up for a second space:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I could use a few more blocks, I haven't made my quilts up yet but there is no shortage of grandkids to make the quilts for. Sign me up please.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would like to be part of this swap please? thanks for hosting it xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. can I sign up for a second spot please?
    http://crazyforpurple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. We've been away and I'm wondering if there is still space to sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I would sign up for a second spot if it's still available.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Needled Mom has joined the swap:)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm joining and I'll send you my e-mail address.

    ReplyDelete
  36. SewinNC please contact me with your e-mail address. I have no way to contact you with my mailing address and final swap details. I will hold your space until noon Friday. After that, regretfully we will need to find someone else to fill the space.

    There still may be one space available for those who wish to sign a waiting list.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I would love to be on the list for the i-spy quilt spot! I'm probably too late, but count me in if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  38. There is a new I spy swap at heart at home mama, if you'd like to participate! http://heartathomemama.blogspot.com/2013/06/i-spy-charm-swap-1.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  39. July 16, 2016
    I would love to join the swap. I have been saving for years and I must have hundreds of I Spy fabrics.
    Thank you
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  40. July 16, 2016
    I would love to join the swap. I have been saving for years and I must have hundreds of I Spy fabrics.
    Thank you
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  41. The Swap was held five years ago and is not longer active. Hopefully you will be able to connect with another group. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! I appreciate hearing from you!